The grade for the internship course will be assigned in consultation with the on-site supervisor.
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction, and effectively execute tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently identifying the appropriate solutions to problems without the guidance of a superior, and take initiative on tasks that may not have been assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in teams to complete projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect upon and evaluate your work identifying shortcomings and areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, behavior and appearance in the workplace
- Assess the internship experience in relation to personal, education, and career goals.
- Describe and apply work-related success strategies
- Apply concepts and skills acquired in academic coursework to the actual work environment.
- Mid-term Report
- Assignment: Final Report
- Assignment: Final Evaluation Report
On-site Supervisor Responsibilities
- Complete the contract. This includes the insurance waiver, which must be signed by both parties. Make sure to list the role and scope of intern's responsibilities, and scheduling hours of employment. A copy must go Faculty Internship Coordinator and Department Head.
- Provide appropriate opportunities for learning and growth.
- Oversee work of the intern.
- Evaluate the performance of the intern at the end of the semester using provided form