- Demonstrate effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate about your work, and act professionally in an interview situation
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate compensation
- Design piracy/copyright/creative commons
- Illustrate effective workflow
- Identify inspirational examples of design elements that could inform the design of your portfolio.
- Identify a series of job listings that match your skill set.
- Maintain time-sheet with estimated time and actual time
- In-class presentations of work at various stages
- Maintain chronologically ordered process book
- Any work that is not original to student who is handing it as part of their project needs to include written permission in process binder.
- Process binder (workflow)
- Process binder (research)
- Search for appropriate/relevant jobs and bring 5 job descriptions from at least 3 different sources. Be prepared to present to class.
- Set personal/professional goals and objectives
- Identify self-branding message that you are currently projecting
- Create and distill a self-branding message that will present a unique, and professional image
- Life plan chart
- Self-branding worksheet 1
- Self-branding worksheet 2
- Write effective copy for the Web, email, and for print
- Blog entries
- Write tag-line
- Write "About" section for personal web site
- Write resume
- Write cover letter
- Write initial email correspondence
- Design an effective, consistent, and holistic self-branding package.
- Design logo
- Design personal website (pages: about, resume, portfolio)
- Design resume for print and Web
- Design cover letter for print
- Design business card for print
- Design note card/thank you card for print
- Define competencies for this topic
- List methods of evaluating each competency