Posted: 17 March 2009 10:02 AM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-03-17

First of all, congratulations with the launch WaSP Interact website!

Here in the Netherlands, web standards compliance is mandatory for government websites. Together with Fronteers (http://www.fronteers.nl), the professional organisation of web front-end developers, we are currently examining how a curriculum can be developed that helps overcome the current ‘knowledge gap’ when it comes to successfully implementing build quality and accessibility. This curriculum certainly will help close that gap. But for a broad acceptance and a maximum effect, the information must be available in the Dutch language, and maybe at some points be aligned with our own Web Guidelines quality model (http://www.webguidelines.nl).

Does WaSP already have a policy - or ideas - about localisation of content, and how can be co-operated with already existing initiatives at country level?

Posted: 17 March 2009 03:42 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-26

Localisation is high on our wishlist. We talked about it during development of this phase, which we call “first publication”. Aarron even asked if I could translate into Swedish! I said that German, Spanish, Chinese, etc should be higher priorities.

The simple answer is that besides me I think noone in the team is fluent in any language but English (I may be wrong…) so any L10N must be done with oustide help. I guarentee that all volunteers will be welcomed with opened arms!

Posted: 21 March 2009 04:42 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-01-06

Hey, Raph.

We currently do have plans to have the curriculum translated into a variety of languages this year with the help of WaSP’s ILG group. We are also accepting assignments and learning modules for courses that will address local issues and needs.

As far as connecting our content with other programs - our curriculum is licensed under Creative Commons licensing, so you are welcome remix as you like provided you include attribution. We are in touch with Fronteers, and may be pursuing collaboration with them soon.

If you would like to help us get our content translated into Dutch, please get in touch at our contact page.

Signature 

Aarron Walter
———————————————————————————————
The Web Standards Project [EduTF]
WaSP InterAct - connecting education and industry

Posted: 20 April 2009 09:24 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-04-17

Hi Raph,

Great to hear you’re interested in translating InterAct. We have a few people from teh Netherlands starting to do this work and have also set up a translation and localisation forum.

If you want to contact us I can connect you with fellow translators to work together with - thanks so much for your input.

Henny